Happy Hump Day Everyone,
What’s better than good tasting food? Food that tastes good AND that is good for you. So here are a couple recipes (that I am not taking credit for but sharing bc I have tried them)!
Strawberry-Banana Oatmeal Protein Bake
2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 oz unsweetened applesauce
2 bananas (sliced fairly thin)
4 large strawberries (sliced fairly thin)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
3. In another medium bowl mix together wet ingredients except fruit.
4. Spray an 8″ or 8.5″ round or square baking pan with non-stick spray.
5. Line the bottom of the round baking pan with one of the thinly-sliced bananas.
6. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients – make sure it is distributed evenly.
7. Pour mixture on top the layer of sliced bananas.
8. Cover with remaining sliced banana and sliced strawberries.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown, or inserted knife comes out clean.
Recipe makes 4 servings